DRAW IT OUT, again!
GRAPHIC RECORDING TRAINING
Next Training: March 22, 2014
Date: Saturday, March 22, 2014
Location: 210 Joralemon Street, Brooklyn, NY
- $500 standard training rate
- $600, includes private 1-hour consultation with Amanda Lyons
- $100 discount available for all Peace Institute mediators & trainees
Recognizing that the majority of people are visual learners, New York Peace Institute is excited to host DRAW IT OUT…AGAIN!, a 1-day visual thinking training with Visual for Change founder Amanda Lyons. This workshop will allow participants to continue practicing the tool of graphic recording, and learning tips & tricks along the way. If your work involves facilitating meetings, translating ideas into action plans, and helping people communicate more effectively, graphic recording is a unique and creative skill that will set you apart from others in your field. This hands-on program will help you understand how to use visuals to enhance communication and will help you define your style and refine your technique.
This program is aimed at beginners and intermediates and no drawing skills are necessary.
Here’s what you can expect to get from the workshop:
- See graphic recording in action
- Learn concrete skills to build your visual library
- Refine (or define) your personal graphic recording style
- Practice graphic recording in real-time using live storytelling
- Receive feedback about your graphic recording
- Examine the work of graphic recording gurus in the field
- Participate in visual exercises that you can take back to work and use with colleagues
- Learn how to filter a conversation and pick out the content to record
- Explore different ways to organize content graphically
- Learn logistical tips and tricks for setting up your space to do graphic recording
Learn more about Graphic Recording:
Click here to visit Amanda’s (Re)Vitalize Visuals blog and learn more about her work and the field of visual thinking.
You can also read reflections and see pictures from our last Draw It Out workshop and see Amanda work her graphic recording magic at the James Beard Foundation conference.
About the Trainer:
Amanda Lyons is a graphic facilitator, experiential education professional and organization development consultant. As an experiential and visual thinker she facilitates engaging experiences in all types of business settings including conferences and retreats. Amanda’s professional credentials include a Master’s Degree in Organizational Development from Johns Hopkins University’s Carey School of Business and a degree in Studio Art and English from Lafayette College.
Questions? Contact the Training Director at: email@example.com.