We believe conflict offers opportunities for increased understanding, improved relationships, and better communication. Our workshops build key communication and conflict management skills and are designed to improve workplace cohesion, de-escalate conflict, and to help participants work with clients effectively.
With a focus on mediation skills, our trainings address navigating difficult conversations; managing interpersonal and workplace disputes; and creative problem solving. We utilize group exercises, roleplay, and coaching to create energizing, engaging, and skills-based trainings. We work closely with clients to design trainings that are tailored to meet their unique needs and time-frames.
Our trainings are engaging and participant-centered: multimedia, pop culture, drawing, movement, and discussion are central features (oh, and NO PowerPoint). We ensure our participants have a significant amount of time to practice the skills they’re learning, to ask questions, and to wrestle challenging concepts to the ground.
Half-Day, Full Day or Two-Day Mediation Skills Training
New York Peace Institute’s Mediation Skills Training is designed to train people in the listening and communication tools used by mediators to manage critical and highly charged conversations. During this training we explore different responses to conflict, what active listening looks like in practice, key mediation skills such as reflection and appreciative inquiry as well as de-escalation techniques.
3-Day or 4-Day Basic Mediation Training
New York Peace Institute’s Basic Mediation Training is designed to train people to become practicing mediators. During the training we explore questions like: What is mediation and how does it compare to other forms of alternative dispute resolution? What are the core skills I need to be an effective mediator? What are the foundational values of mediation? What is my role as a mediator? What makes a successful mediation? Through group discussion, hands-on exercises, lecture, and role-play, participants have the chance to engage with these and other critical questions, and practice new skills with support and feedback from experienced mediators and trainers.
- Conflict resolution and mediation skills
- Effective workplace communication
- Meeting facilitation
- De-escalation techniques
- Managing difficult conversations
- Dynamic listening
- Understanding conflict response styles
- Interest-based problem solving
- Interacting with difficult clients
- Manage challenging conversations
- Facilitate group dialogue
- Communication and mediation skills
- Improved relationships between staff
- Enhanced professional development
- Manage challenging clients
WHAT PARTICIPANTS SAY
- “The training was two of the most fun, rewarding, and inspiring days I’ve had at work!”
- “This was the most energizing training I ever had the pleasure of attending.”
- “Staying engaged for two days can be hard, but not with NYPI. They keep you wanting more.”
- “Please come back!”
GET IN TOUCH WITH US!
Contact our Director of Training and Business Development, Will Nassau, at email@example.com or (212) 577.1740 x117. We look forward to speaking with you!