WHAT’S NEW AT NEW YORK PEACE INSTITUTE?
Our benefit comedy show, was amazing. A giant thank you to everyone who supported the show, everyone who came out and to our entertainment Mark Normand, Bill Santiago, Negin Farsad, Marina Franklin and our host, Harrison Greenbaum!
Check out our FY 2014 annual report!
We had a great time at our PeaceRaiser! Check out pictures from the event here!
Listen to Carrie McCann, our Restorative Justice Coordinator and Elizabeth Clemants, friend of New York Peace Institute, talking about, of course, Restorative Justice on the podcast “The Rebbe, The Radical, and the Rev.”
Read the Wall Street Journal article about us!
Learn about our exciting internship opportunities!
Join us for our PeaceTalks! At these two hour presentations, speakers from all over the nation come to discuss issues of conflict, resolution, peace and moderation. Click on the link to learn more about the specific PeaceTalks we offer and check out some of the ones that have already passed!
Watch Brad Heckman’s TedX Talk about about Mindfulness and Mediation!
NEW YORK PEACE INSTITUTE IN THE NEWS
- Read a press release on our work with the NYPD, supported by the JAMS Foundation!
- Listen to our CEO on Real Estate Radio about neighbor disputes!
- Check us out on Univision TV!
- Watch a short segment about New York Peace Institute on News 12 Bronx!
- Read an article from Animal, “Meet the People Who Keep New Yorkers from Ripping Each Other’s Heads Off”!
- Our very own Case Manager, Aura Sotomayor, and Mediator, Olga, filmed a segment on Telemundo 47. Watch here!
- Listen to an interview with Brad on the Earbud_U Podcast from Human Services Consulting and Training (HSCT).
- Brad was interviewed on NASH Radio (a country music station in NYC). Take a listen!
- Read “The Art of Mediation: Local Lessons for International Peacemakers,” an article in the Global Observatory featuring our CEO, Brad Heckman!
- Our very own Restorative Justice Coordinator, Carrie McCann, was featured on the Rebbe Radical Rev Show! Listen here.
- We were featured in the Wall Street Journal! Read the article here.
- We were mentioned again in the NY Times’ Ask Real Estate section!
- The NY Times mentions us in their Ask Real Estate section about neighbor problems, one of the most common disputes we get calls about at our center.
- Brad writes “On Bob Dylan and Reverse International Development” for the Nebraska Mediation Association.
- The Conflict Specialists Show interviews Brad!
- Watch our CEO give his TEDx Talk, “Mediation and Mindfully Getting in the Middle”!
- Dickinson Magazine profiles our CEO, Brad Heckman, who is an alum of Dickinson College.
- Here are two interviews with Brad on Voice America Radio and Sangoma Podcast .
- Elle Magazine’s September fashion issue features a great article about our mediation training.
- The New York Daily News published a piece on landlord-tenant issues, featuring a link to CEO’s Brad Heckman’s blogpost on communication tips.
- TimeOut New York’s roommate issue featured an interview with Brad and our friend Sheila Sproule about coping with cohabitation conflicts.
- The Cooperator, the largest online publication about coop and condo living, published a short piece about mediation, featuring us alongside the wonderful National Association for Community Mediation (NAFCM).
- Brick Underground, a popular NYC housing blog, includes us in their panel of experts. Read about how to deal with noisy, nude, smoking neighbors.
- Texas conflict guru Pattie Porter interviewed Brad for her blogradio show, in a segment called “Fugghetaboutit….and move forward: Mediation, New York-Style.”
- We’re profiled in the online publication Peace Is Sexy (which is actually quite G-rated, so you can click on whilst at work).
- We’ve even been featured it the astrology blog of the fabulous Kiki T — Tyra Banks’ on-air stargazer, among other things.